A. Personal Membership
- Professional – persons employed in a professional capacity in library services.
- Paraprofessional – persons employed in a paraprofessional capacity in library services.
- Student – persons involved in a program of Library and Information science.
- Retired – persons who have retired from active library work.
- Friend – library trustees, Library Advisory Commission members, persons belonging to Friends of the Library organizations, and other interested persons.
- Sustaining – persons willing to support the Association to a larger extent than the regular membership.
- Honorary Life Members – members who have retired from active library work and are selected by the Executive Board of the Association.
B. Institutional Membership
- Regular – libraries, library schools, and other non-profit library-related institutions or agencies.
- Sustaining – institutions willing to support the Association to a larger extent than regular membership.
- Large – institutions with budgets exceeding $1,000,000.
- The membership year is July to June, matching the Association fiscal year. Membership dues become due in July of each year. Persons rendering dues after May 1st will be added to the membership list of the following year.
- Membership in one division is included in the general membership dues. Additional divisional memberships can be obtained by payment of an additional fee per division.
- Members who have not paid dues for the current year are no longer members of the Association. Their names will be retained on the mailing list for a time period selected by the Membership Committee, with the approval of the Executive Board.
- The annual dues for each membership category shall be specified by the Executive Board, provided that the increase for any year is no more than 20% for each category.
A. Personal Members
- Personal members shall have the right to vote and hold office. They shall be eligible for any special membership rates at Association conferences, workshops, and meetings.
- Membership in one division is included in the general membership dues. Additional divisional memberships can be obtained by payment of an additional fee per division to the Association.
- Each personal member shall receive a confirmation of payment and membership
- Each personal member shall receive issues of the DLA Bulletin (if distributed in print) and copies of all general mailings to the Association membership.
- Membership includes a subscription to the DLA listserv.
B. Institutional Members
- Institutions paying membership dues shall receive a confirmation of payment and membership.
- Institutional members shall receive issues of the DLA Bulletin (if distributed in print) and copies of all general mailings to the Association membership.
Any questions about dues or the DLA membership form, contact
Ed Goyda, Treasurer
Delaware Library Association, P.O. Box 816, Dover, DE 19903