Library Received the Colburn Papers


    The University of Delaware Library has acquired the personal and professional papers of Dr. Allan P. Colburn (1908-1955), eminent researcher in the field of chemistry and former University of Delaware Provost and Coordinator of Scientific Research.  In addition, Dr. Colburn served as Chair and Professor of Chemical Engineering at the University of Delaware.  The Department of Chemical Engineering was officially established in 1938. 

    Dr. Colburn was awarded membership in the National Academy of Engineering in 1971.  One of his many honors was having Colburn Laboratory named after him.  The Allan P. Colburn Prize for Best Doctoral Dissertation in the field of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences at the University of Delaware is also named after him.

    Dr. Colburn received Bachelor of Science, Master of Science, and Doctor of Philosophy degrees from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.

    The papers of Dr. Allan P. Colburn will be processed by Library staff and become available in the Special Collections Department of the University of Delaware Library for the use of researchers and students.

- End -

For Library hours call 302-831-BOOK or check the Library Web at:
www.udel.edu/library