Companies Incorporated in Delaware
Finding information on a company incorporated in Delaware or on stock certificates
or securities issued by a company incorporated in Delaware doesn't always
mean contacting someone in Delaware.
Many useful resources are widely available in libraries around the country,
especially in public and university libraries.
The first step in tracing old stocks or securities is to determine if the
company still exists, either as a separate company or as a holding of a different
- Directory of Obsolete Securities.
Location: Morris Library - Reference (Ref HG4961 .D56)
- LexisNexis Corporate Affiliations. (Former
title: Directory of Corporate Affiliations)
Location: Morris Library - Reference (Ref HG4057 .A219) Latest ed.
Location: Morris Library (HG4057 .A219)
Location: Library Annex (HG4057 .A219)
- International Directory of Company Histories.
Location: Morris Library - Reference (Ref HD2721 .I57x 1988)
to Business History Resources at the Library of Congress.
Location: Internet (http://www.loc.gov/rr/business/guide/guide1/sharp13.html)
- A good source for other directories and resources. See especially the
Another possibility is to contact the secretary of state for incorporation information.
Roster. (National Association of Secretaries of State)
Location: Internet (http://nass.org/index.php?Itemid=346)
- Delaware Division
Location: Internet (http://corp.delaware.gov/)
- To find a list corporations, select the option: Search for a Business Entity. Some information is free; additional information is available for a fee. Some information is free; additional information is available for a fee.
Frequently recommended companies that conduct searches for a fee*:
- Spink. (formerly
R. M. Smythe)
Location: Internet (http://www.spink.com/
- Stock Search International.
Location: Internet (http://www.stocksearchintl.com/)
*Does not imply endorsement.